04 Jul Top 9 Tips to Be Your Child’s Best Friend in Doing Assignments
Are you feeling terrified at the thought of making your kid do their homework? Are you one of that parent who is equally frightened about homework like your child does? Bid farewell to such days.
Be your kid’s best friend first and try to solve the problem from the root. Homework is not something to be afraid of. Neither for your kid nor you. Dealing complications with patience and calmness is the best way to solve the problem. So if you are stuck by such problems then, here I am to solve all of your problems. I will help you with 9tips on how you can be the best friend of your kid and develop good habits in them.
- The first thing you can do is sit down in a meeting with your kid and make plans together. Try to do it at the beginning of any academic session. Set mini goals for them and also set rewards after fulfilling each one. This system will work. But don’t forget to keep the promises you made. Exploiting the child’s emotion is not at all expected. First, you will have to learn how to keep promised and face challenges and hardships. Then expect the same from your little one.
- Get known to the unknowns. To be clearer, what parents must do is know the weakness and strength of your kids. You must keep a note on which part your child had struggled last year. And then try to work on that particular issue. Mark all those weak points and then make them practice those parts more often. But that does not mean to ignore the strong parts. Make hem revises those parts quite often.
- Maintain a healthy environment in your home. Like if you are always busy in partying, hanging out with friends then it will become real difficult for the kid to study in such situation. So you understand what I mean to say. Keep a friendly environment in your home and spend plenty of time with them. Supervise them when they are busy doing homework. If they are stuck somewhere then guide them through. It is also important to help them whenever they require your help.
- Now never make your kids routine a hectic one. Speak with them and discuss with them about the timing when they want to play. Break fewer homework sessions will make them bored of homework, and they will end up avoiding it. So it is important to keep in mind that what they want. Not even during the exams take away the play time from them. Once you start doing this, remember that your child will start avoiding you and homework as well. Few hours of entertainment is okay for your kid.
- Oops, are you thinking that I have just missed the weekend part? No, I didn’t forget about it. How can I even forget about it when my favourite days are the weekends? There is absolutely no need for acting over conscious about your child. Spend gala days with family and friends, enjoy to the fullest. But what you must do is fix few hours of study, revision and homework session before you go out to spend a good time. I have seen some parents who try caring too much about homework and ultimately their kids end up avoiding them.
- Well, this is nothing absurd or offensive. If you force or nag too much to your child for them to do their homework endlessly, naturally they will start fearing you. It is the normal and very obvious psychology of a child. They will consider you a tremor in their life, and they will think that if I go to them, then they won’t let me play! Better avoid them. So don’t let such situations arise in your home.
- Not everyone knows everything. If you feel that you cannot handle the homework part, then don’t push yourself to it. The best way out at that time is grabbing a professional help from online or offline tutors. It is, of course, better to let your child learn the right thing rather than the wrong one.
- In such situations, your part will be to keep in touch with the teacher and keep a track on the progress. If you find then no improvement in their performance, then take out some time and ask what is wrong. Try to understand what their problem is. Where is the difficulty that is troubling the so much? As I said, just that scolding or nagging would not help to recover such situation.
- Last but the most necessary thing is you will have to keep in mind that you are your kids biggest support. Be their friend by your friendly approaches, deals. Encourage them, guide them. Becoming a friend, philosopher and guide are so important these days. Only because your child is your responsibility, you will have to encourage them in all possible ways. Nothing will be more miraculous than it for your kiddo.
Instruction for parents- Help your child but do not substitute them. Otherwise, try following the things mentioned above and I am sure it will work for sure. So what are you thinking now? Help your child grow up properly and honestly. Do not worry and just move with confidence. If you feel the need of help take an assistance and move on the right path