Accounting deals with the measuring, processing and communicating financial data for business entities. The study of accountancy is to become a certified accountant, is a very challenging and laborious endeavor. There are various certifications and degrees that one can choose to pursue in the field of accountancy but what holds true for all of them is the in-depth study of accounting and tax laws of the respective country as well as tough math related courses.
This is truly burdensome and takes up a major portion of the student’s time at college. This further translates into assignments and homework increasing the workload even more. It is not always possible to finish these assignments and homework on time without some assistance. However, it is not always easy to find a tutor or a mentor with the expertise and in-depth of the intricacies of this strenuous field of study.
How to complete assignments shortly?
Completing assignments is of utmost importance to college students in any field of study, including that of accountancy. Assignments and homework are an effective way of learning and remembering the important concepts taught to the students as a part of the curriculum and goes a long way in helping understand the practical application of these concepts to real life situations.
However, the sheer difference in the volume of these assignments in college to that back in school can make this seem like a daunting task. Also, the assignments in college are far more complex than those given during school.
There are several approached that students could try that would help them complete their assignments on time. The study of accountancy requires attentiveness, and so the student should set aside a couple of hours every day during which they can take up the accountancy assignments or homework without getting distracted.
Accountancy homework helps podiums
- An important aspect of studying that the student needs to master is the art of prioritization. You need to prioritize and focus your attention primarily on important accountancy problems and concepts which carry a larger weightage.These problems and assignments will usually take up most of your time and cover several important concepts. Students should also aim to finish those assignments, which have closer deadlines, first.
- Another approach commonly taken is that of finding a tutor. Finding the right tutor could be a challenge as you would have to look for someone who is skilled in two completely different kinds of units that make up accountancy as it requires memorization of laws as well as complex calculations.
- One could look towards a senior for help as they have gone through the same phase and worked on similar if not the same assignments. They would also have their notes and assignments from the previous year’s accountancy class that would go a long way to ease your pain.
- One could also find a tutor by posting to college/ university message boards or even on internet forums. You need first to ascertain whether you need help with homework that is related to balance sheets, cash flows, etc. or it requires an in-depth knowledge of tax This could mean two different tutors which can be very expensive considering the existing fee paid at college.
An alternative would be to look into the possibility of having a relative or a friend as your accounts tutor. This would not only help you save some money but also serve you better as they would pay more attention to your needs and questions considering the personal bond that you share with them.
- Becoming part of a study group for accountancy can also help with your homework and assignments as well as to grasp important topics. This could also serve as a pool of candidates to choose from for a tutor figure.
You could find several people in this group who are well versed with the nuances of accountancy and are ready to share their notes related to these assignments and homework. Some of them could guide you well through the tax laws while others may be good at solving math-related accountancy problems.
An added benefit is that group study is always more effective than studying alone and you learn things far more quickly when you communicate with a larger group where each person may be strong in a specific portion of the accountancy.
Another useful approach is to look up the assignments on the internet. In this day and age, when all kinds of information are indexed by search engines, finding answers to questions from your assignments and homework is not that big a task. You would be surprised to find several websites and online forums with complete explanations of these accountancy problems that will not only help you with your assignments but also help you grasp the important concepts being taught to you through those problem statements.
Therefore we should keep in mind:-
Besides the approaches mentioned above to help you survive through the assignments and homework from your accountancy course, there is another option one could consider, but with deep caution. There are several online websites, apps as well as online services born out of this need for assistance with completing accountancy assignments. These require the student to pay a certain amount to avail the services provided on a need basis.
Services may range from a one-on-one tutorial session provided by an expert on a specific accountancy problem to the complete solution offered as is. Even though the solution provided is usually accurate, the downside of using this approach is that it is more likely to spoon feed and does not lay much importance on the education of the student.
Students should try to keep the usage of such resources and services to a minimal and limited to dire situations as it does not add any value to their learning or understanding. It is just a means to get your work completed for submission.
The above approaches are not limited to accountancy could possibly be applied to several other fields of study. Care should be taken that finishing these assignments and homework should come at the cost of your actual understanding of the concepts.