Are you scared of doing homework that is assigned to you? Has it become the bane of your life? But there are some simple rules or habits that you can follow which will be helping you in setting for a better workflow and get it done in time.
It is known that concentration, planning and time management are not natural capabilities which are possessed by some and not others. These skills are acquired through a lot of perseverance and practice.
Here is some practical advice on how to get a lot of homework done quickly:
- Try to spend some time in planning
You must make a habit of setting aside a slot of time for planning your work before starting with your homework session.
- Planning though takes a little time at the start but eventually it will take out a lot of your mental strain from the writing and you can work much faster.
- Planning keeps the mind at ease since you already own a clear view of the amount of homework that is pending.
- Allocation of time to work is needed
If you have already planned, you will be able to do a simple schedule of the time it will take to finish your work. You can allot portions of time to the work and ensure that there is always a time limit set for that. It becomes a game for you to see how easily you can fit the work within a set time and then going forward you constantly try to go past your last record. If you do the work fast, you get more break time.
- Selection of a perfect study environment is much needed
If you want to know how to get a lot of homework done quickly then
- Try choosing a quiet and calm area which is devoid of any kind of distractions like phone, music, computers, etc. It is better if you can avoid busy areas since background chaos will disturb your concentration.
- Ensure that you are ready with your supplies or resources to reduce any form of time wastage. Keep everything you need like the books, writing utensils and notebooks for the assignment handy.
- Do not do homework on the bed; it makes you slow and lazy. If you do your homework at table or desk, you are not tempted to laze around or sleep.
The study area should be well-lit; it helps you in seeing the work better. If the light is dim, it makes it difficult to focus on your assignments.
- Prioritization of the assignments
If you need to learn about how to get a lot of homework done quickly then divide your homework into different categories:-
- High Priority
The homework that you need to submit tomorrow or day after falls in this category. The homework in certain subjects that you find difficult can also be included in this. So try doing the homework in this at the start and give your complete attention.
- Medium Priority
The homework which is due later or is huge project works falls into this category. Dividing the assignments into several sections along with doing 1 or 2 parts daily till the submission date will make it easier for you.
- Low Priority
The homework for subjects which are much easier comes under this category. You can keep them till last and focus on them if you are tired.
Take up extra credit homework only if you are dying for higher grades. Give yourself some off time. These assignments are of help when you have fallen ill or have failed in a test and have not done any important homework assignment.
- Removal of distractions is important
It is the best idea to avoid social media, games, cell phones and TV unless your homework is totally done. If you partake in these mind-numbing social activities while you are at your break, you will be tempted to do it longer and may even feel less interested in getting back to your work. So avoiding theses while you have pending homework is necessary.
- Put your work before pleasure
You can certainly put all the fun activities on hold till your homework is done. You can keep those activities pending and as rewards after you finish the needed work. Try not compromising on this because since your willpower may not be unlimited. As we all know once the mind gets in a relaxing mood, it becomes quite difficult to go back to serious work.
Fix your studying pattern as per your comfort and ability. Some prefer to study within small time blocks. If you read a book for 2 hours without a break it may be painstaking, so do not do that. Instead, study for an hour probably after getting home and then take a dinner break and work for an hour post that.
So doing your homework is not that scary if you follow the above techniques about how to get a lot of homework done quickly.