27 Jun Learn What to Do for Students Who Don’t Do Homework
“All work and no play make Jack a dull boy.”
It is apt saying that working or studying for hours can make the brains of students knotted like a bundle. But withholding your homework and performing other activities is not a solution to refrain from being a dull student.
As students, we all have the tendency to ‘bunk’ or skip the work assigned to us. But then again, we also have the tendency to get our assignments done at the very last moment. However, there are always some students who don’t do homework at all. They either end up having the red mark in their diaries or a parents’ call for the day.
Why do kids try to run away from homework? Why do they avoid it to such an extent? What is it about homework that bothers them about it?
There can be several reasons for it. Let us go through the aspects why students keep on shrugging their responsibilities.
Some the reasons of students who don’t do homework
- Most of the kids do not even understand what their homework is all about. They do not pay attention in class when the teacher is explaining the topics to them.As a result of their preoccupied minds, they return home absolutely blank about their next day’s assignment.
- There are certain kids and their parents who don’t really understand the value of homework. Many consider it to be a worthless burden thrust upon them by institutional authority.
- If your thoughts regarding homework and your educational institution are these, it is definitely not true. Homework has its own As I have mentioned in the previous article, kids and parents alike should be aware of it.
- Sometimes, it really isn’t anybody’s fault. There are times when students who don’t do homeworkusually find the entirety of it to be very difficult. At times students feel suffocates just by seeing the length of the homework which may surpass its limit.
- Those are the times when no student feels interested in doing their work. It may be one of the reasons. Or another of the reasons is that the work in itself is not interesting enough. It is the most common given reasons parroted and provided by these students.
- Sometimes, you may have to face topics that are set as homework which is not even discussed in class. These given works become difficult for the kids to do it on their own. The fact is completely agreeable if you have to stare the same page for hours without understanding what the question is all about.
- You parents can help you out of your misery, but that might not be the exact thing which the teacher is looking for. What you teacher may be looking for is the honest effort which you might be using even for trying to solve a certain portion of your homework.
- There are times when teachers do not appreciate the kid’s effort in completing their work. Maybe the homework was not very well done, or it might have numerous mistakes, but at least the kid did put an effort.
- Any praise from guardians or teacher matters a lot in building self-confidence in a child’s mind. As the work goes unappreciated, the kid loses all interest ever to work again. It is advised to teachers that they should at least consider a student’s effort and relate their progress in front of the class.
- Most importantly, kids barely ever plan out their work. Students those who don’t do homework usually, are not aware of the benefits of planning about their homework. It is a necessity when it comes to getting work done within a short span of time.
- When you jot down a proper planning of how to execute your homework, you would be amazed to see that you can complete your homework before your estimated time. Parents are required to participate in planning their assignments actively. This way the work done is for the child’s convenience, and he/she doesn’t feel all that lethargy to get back to work.
Students need to understand that homework is important not just for their academic life but for their future as well. In this context, elders must be an active participant in this entire process. There are times when students who don’t do homework will try to shirk their responsibilities.
But it the duty of the guiding helps like parents, elder siblings, and teachers to make sure that the given work is completed by these students. They have to spend sufficient amount of time with their kids and help them understand that obligations and responsibilities are a part of everyday life. It is so much a part that life ceases to have any meaning without them in it. To do homework is important, not just for better grades but for a better self as well.