During our academic life, we have to come across several subjects to study that we do not like or may hate a lot – but we still have to study them for the sake of our grades and career.Economics and Statistics are two such ill famous subjects to most students of high schools and colleges. In fact,they are one of those terribly difficult subjects that cause excessive amounts of stress and anxiety amongst many students.
Every student must agree that both Statistics and Economics involve a lot of mathematical calculations and hence and not any more interesting than basic arithmetic or algebra. Hence, like maths, many students find these two subjects boring and monotonous.But, they have to study these unwillingly for their tests.
Anxiety and stress are always found in such students regarding Economics and Statistics. This stress is not to be taken lightly as they can take really dangerous form if neglected and can make a student seriously ill.
The to-do list
Hence, it is quite evident that stress is not a good or healthy thing for a student to deal with. So, this stress must somehow be removed from his or her life. Are you too under stress for all those difficult Economics and Statistics assignments? Then you have come to the right place.
Here is a to-do list that can help you to get rid of your stress regarding these assignments.Follow these steps, and you will definitely find yourself more free and healthy:
- Fix your mind
The most common reason for such stress amongst students is that their mind set up is not right.From the beginning of their lessons they mark some subjects like Economics or Statistics as subjects beyond their reach and that they can never do any good in them.First, change that attitude if you have this sort of feelings.
- No subject is meant for God.Each and every subject has been mastered by us humans only. So, if you want from the core of your heart to do well on a subject, there is nothing that can stop you.
- If your exams are nearing or if you are provided with Economics and Statistics assignments, do not get tensed or worry too much. It is not the worst situation in the world.
- Just, remember! Many students are and can be in a worse situation handling more pressure than yours, and they too manage to succeed and come out of it. So, why cannot you?
Your first step will be to grow this attitude in yourself.
- Learn the ideas
When you start studying any subject, regardless of which time of the session you choose to do it or how far the exams are, you must first learn the concepts and ideas of that subject.
- Every subject has its own unique class of thoughts and philosophy. Try to understand it.
- Try to analyze what is the main aim of an economist? Or, what is the motto of a statistician?Try to figure out the answers in your mind.
- It will help you a lot in your studies.
Get a grip on these ideas and the rest of your works will automatically turn easier!
- Practice well
‘Practice makes a man perfect!’ This proverbisvastly applicable in the field of mathematics and all those fields where maths is widely used. The more you practice, the more you learn and get prepared for your tests and assignments.
- Economics and Statistics are based of critical sums and theories. The easiest way to learn them is to practice more and more questions and solving problems.
- If you feel that you are weak in any of these subjects,and then give more time to practice.
- Keep on practicing from past assignments and previous years question papers until you feel confident enough that now you know something about these subjects and are ready to face any sort of questions or challenges on your upcoming test.
- Remain social
It is quite often seen that due to excessive study and its pressure, several students get a little time to spend with their families and friends.
Little do they get the opportunity to talk to them and be social?This is not very healthy, as no matter whether it proves to be good for your studies, but it will definitely put a bad influence on your mind and indirectly on your body too. It can also prove to be one of the effective stress factors for a student.
- Schedule you study routine in such a way that it leaves some time for entertainment and leisure.
- This time need not be just one stretch of an hour or two. It can also be divided throughout the day into slots of fifteen minutes –that is better.
- Use this time to enjoy with your family and with friends over the phone or on social media.
- Go on outings and hangouts with friends on some weekend. It will keep your mind healthy and free it from most of the stress that it was bearing before.
But, make sure that being social do not kill away the necessary time you need for studies and bring you back to square zero again.
- Take psychological help
There are certain students who are quite good in their studies including such difficult subjects but still cannot come out of their anxiety and stress.In fact, many of them cannot even figure out any reason that is causing their stress.
Such students are advised to talk to psychologists or counsellors. Do not fear! Consulting a psychologist does not mean that you are becoming mad or something like that.
Sometimes, stress is caused by certain psychological factors which can be dealt well by a psychologist.If you feel that it is necessary, then forget all prejudice and hesitation and feel free to consult a counsellor.
Often, schools and universities offer counselling sessions to its students. It is advisable to attend those sessions as it will only prove to be better for your health in the long run, at least.Following this to do list will definitely provide some help to those students who are stressed with assignments of Statistics and Economics. Either they will be able to come out of their stress or will find it easier to get rid of it soon.
Apart from all this, removing underlying anxiety and stress on the last minute of submitting the assignment to the teacher is hard to be eliminated, no matter how many steps we take. But, we can definitely reduce it to some extent by a satisfactory revision.
No matter whether you follow the5 quick last minute revision tips for English university assignments,or for Economics or Statistics assignments, revision always proves to be better for your academics. So following all the above-mentioned steps and a good revision beforehand will free you quite much from your stress.