As the years go by, competition is ever increasing. Students are constantly fighting and competing to be the best in what they love and look at different ways to brush up their knowledge. Institutions want their students to score the highest in the nationals and hence, introduce new and improve lesson plans for the students to learn better and progress further in the field of their interests. However, some lesson plans work out, others don’t. One such plan that has created a storm is the CPM which has adopted by many institutions to replace traditional ways of learning maths. This is probably why students are compelled to opt for cpm math homework help to successfully complete all assignments.
What is CPM?
CPM, which is the short form for College Preparatory Mathematics was initially a pet project of the Eisenhower fund which used to write textbooks to help out students understand mathematics better. It has now a non-profit educational programme which is managed by a committee of teachers who mostly deal with high school and middle school. The programme aims to better the understanding and retention of the concepts that are taught in those grades for the students to appreciate the importance and learn about it in a better manner.
The course structure is such that it seamlessly fits into the daily lessons and is structured in such a way that it allows the students to practice upon those concepts. Thus, they require cpm math homework help to solve those multiple assignments.
‘Start writing, no matter what. The water does not flow until the faucet is turned on.’
How does CPM differ from traditional mathematics?
What majority of the students and parents had a problem with was the vast difference in the methodical teaching between the traditional way of teaching math and the CPM programme. While both aim to educate the students with the concept of mathematics and practice such concepts, however, CPM has been dubbed as a more practical and applicable way of learning math. Listed below is the difference between traditional mathematics and CPM programme:
- While the traditional math classroom is quiet and unidirectional, a classroom under the CPM programme is quite active. The students are actively involved with each other to complete assignments together and learn concepts together.
- In traditional mathematics, the teacher instructs the students to solve problems, provides with notes and explanations, and repeats the skills they pick up to solve some mathematical problem. While in a classroom under the CPM programme, the students actively learn on their own, in groups to learn about new methods and skills under pre-set conditions and some guidance as well.
- For traditional mathematics, students are more akin to solving problems that involving more skills. For CPM, the students develop problem solving skills.
- In the traditional way of learning, students have to work on their own to solve problems and understand the concepts form textbooks. For CPM, students work in groups and have to exchange idea work on the problems together and justify their way of solving.
- In traditional mathematics, students have to ask the teachers to solve their problems related to understanding of the concept, and have to rely upon the teacher and the textbook as their main source of information. Whereas, for CPM programme, students can solve their problems by seeking the help of their peers or group members and only seek the help of the teacher when absolutely needed.
- The traditional way of teaching mathematics assesses the cognitive ability of a single student. The CPM on the other hand, reflects the understanding of the subject and the concept, both by the group and by an individual student.
How to finish your math homework with cpm math homework help?
While the CPM has certainly quite a lot of benefits, many parents create uproar about how ineffective it is. Actually, it is quite the opposite. The students learn on their own, to work together and solve problems and develop their cognitive ability. It ensures that no one lacks behind.
However, CPM involves a lot of practice which might be difficult for the students to cope with initially. It involves a lot of assignments that have to be completed if the students want to progress further with the subject. Thus, during such situations, cpm math homework help is direly required.
Coordinate with your elders
Talk to your parents or your elder sibling or relatives if you face nay problem while understanding of the concept or solving the problem. You will see that even they can be a part of your group, of course at home and will help you to complete the assignments successfully. It is important for the parents to be involved and they will be by checking out what you have covered in the manual and what not.
Follow the prescribed online book
Once the students are registered with the CPM programme, they will be provided with a username and password which they can use to log in to their account. They will be allowed to access an online textbook which is the prescribed text book which they need to follow. It will contain tutorial videos, maths tools and many such other features that will allow the students to learn better and complete their assignments.
Opt for cpm math homework help online
There are various websites online that will help you sort through your problems. It is only natural that you might not be able to work out some problems or understand some concept. During such times, you can turn to online educational websites for help. They will help the students out with the problem by making them understand the very basic concept. This will not only allow them to progress further but will also strengthen their foundation.
Opt for some external help
You can even opt for some external help like you can hire a tutor. Though this is not exactly what the CPM programme promotes, however, such means are necessary for students who cannot understand math properly, or have some sort of learning disability. Tutors can also be hired for students who are poor in maths and need some extra help to sort through the problems.
So, go ahead and start sorting through your CPM math assignments now to fare better in the subject.
‘Write quickly and you will never write well; write well and you will soon write quickly.’