If you are writing your dissertation research, then we already understand what your woes are! One of the worst problems of any student of dissertation research is the problem of writing the dissertation proposal.
This problem is one of the most important problems because of the fact that this is in fact where you start. If you trip in the very beginning then it is quite certain that the entire process is not going to be easy for you.
You have to understand that what is the best possible process that you can implement in order to write your dissertation proposal easily. Before we start let us tell you, that the process will be segregated into 3 subsections.
If you are really interested in knowing how to start writing a dissertation proposal, then these three subsections will help you get through with the same.
The process involved:
The very first step that you should follow in the process is the
Following of the very guidelines set by the department:
In this process you will have to make sure that the guidelines that are said by the department are being followed by you word to word. Of course the following are the few steps that you have to follow in the process:
- The very first step is to understand that what amount of time you need. Of course some of these topics will take you use of time. And some of these you will have to start with an immediate effect. It is one of the most important reasons why you must ensure that you determine your timeline.
- The next step is to write down what amount of length you want your dissertation proposal to be. This length is to be determined in accordance to the topic that you have selected and in accordance to the guidelines that are said by your department.
- The next step is to get hold of the correct format or the structure. You have to necessarily recognise that what the dissertation proposal demands of you in terms of guidelines. If you think that you need the necessary help in the process, then you are to ask for the same. Take the help of a guide of course.
- The next step is to form your own committee. This particular committee will absolutely have the advisor that you have selected for yourself. You will also have to select people from the faculty members whom you think will be able to help you. You will also have to choose a reader from outside the institution. This is the committee that will help you get through with the best results.
If you are to understand that how to start writing a dissertation proposal, then you will have to continue with the second step as well. The second process is:
You will have to select your topic:
In this step you will have to follow the following processes:
- The very first step is to make sure that you are making topics that will actually suit your interest. You must make sure that you are selecting something that you are interested in for long. This will help safeguard your interest for a longer period of time there after.
- The next step is to make sure that you are researching on your topic evidently. Of course you will have to research on all the topics that you have listed down as your interest. This particular research will give you a proper idea about the literature of the subjects that you have selected. Go through the entire collection of various books related to the topics. You can also choose to read scholarly articles and academic papers.
- The next step is to discuss these topics and the researchers with your advisor of the committee members. They will help you advice on the topic that you must select for yourself and also will help you understand that if or not the topics you have selected will be eligible. They will be able to guide you better through the process.
- Once most of the committee members agreed to one of the topics, you must put all your effort into concentrating on that particular topic only. Try and pinpoint some of the more advantages of the topic and also make sure that you are researching deeper into it. Make sure that you are continuing with your in-depth reading habits in order to ensure that you are producing some of the best notes for yourself.
In order to completely understand how to start writing a dissertation proposal, you will have to go through the third and the final step of the process. The third step is all about:
Understanding how to organise as well as write your proposal:
Following are the various steps that you should follow for the same:
- The very first step that you should follow is selecting a working title for yourself. The title should be able to provide with an overview of what you are researching about. The more specific and crisp the title will be, the better it will be for the research. You must also understand that as you progress in your research you can better the title.
- The next thing is to write an abstract. But not all the programs actually require it from you. It should be someone around a hundred to 350 words. This particular abstract should concentrate on the background of the topic that you are writing. Also it should have a glimpse of the questions that you are about to ask in your research.
- The next step is to start with the introduction to your topic. The introduction should be shot crisp and to the point. In the process of the same it should be equally interesting to the viewers.
- The next step is to put in all the research points that you have collected and start with what you think about the topic.
- Lastly put in a summary or conclusion that will sum of the entire topic for you.
These are some of the most important steps that will help you understand how to start writing a dissertation proposal for your research topic!