Since years, parents and teachers have been debating about the helpfulness of homework. Sometimes the word ‘homework’ evokes a sense of negativity to all the people involved like parents, students and teachers. There is a wide difference of opinions to find – is homework necessary.
Some find that homework does more harm than help since it causes serious levels of unnecessary stress for everyone. Some others think that homework assignment has great advantages for kids as it can encourage them in thinking independently out of the classroom.
What are the benefits?
- One of the primary benefits of doing homework is the close working of student and teacher together.
- Students generally discuss their assigned work or other problems regarding the problems or some sections of the textbook with the tutors before or after the classes are over. From this, you get to know – is homework good or bad.
- Another advantage of homework is bringing of families close since kids will generally ask for help from their parents or older siblings, and this is such a nice way to bond.
- This will help the students to gather a deep understanding of the assignments in the parts they are stuck and also allow parents and others to be more involved in the educational life of the student.
- To know – is homework necessary, you must know that benefit of homework lies in the fact that it prepares students for big and vital exams. As a student, if you perform poorly in an assignment then you can learn where you are lacking and work on it, in order to score well in the upcoming tests.
- The work also helps to acquaint a student for practicing and doing extremely well in school. As the saying goes, “practice makes perfect