Is homework harmful or helpful research? -This question is a concern for all students that whether homework is really helpful or not. Some may find it a burden to deal with and others may treat it as a medium for practicing. Different people will have different views on it and there is no way to escape it. Homework should be given to the students but in limits. It should not mentally pressurize them and create a stressful situation.
Is homework harmful or helpful research? – This question will give you the perfect answer where you will come across with research institutes and research scholars that have different opinions on this matter. Let us have a look at some very useful information on this matter which highlights this perspective from both the sides, positive as well as negative.
Research that highlights its positive side
- Various researches state that it should not be the goal to eliminate But it should be made more meaningful and skill oriented, which enhances skill development in children.
- There are some countries which spend a little time for homework which is generally 2 to 3 hours in a week, and then also they have high PISA rankings. They have a realistic approach in dealing with homework.
- Different types of research(worldwide) make a point that homework is about the quality and not quantity. So if it is within limits, then it can be a medium of gaining knowledge, practicing and developing time management skills.
- 30 minutes of daily homework can help to increase the GPA for a student by half a point. It is a useful tool for preparing for exams beforehand and thus creating less panic during exam days.
- It develops study habits among students and they learn the ability to deal with their mistakes and various difficulties that they encounter with while doing homework.
- Principals of various schools agree that homework is very essential to retain whatever the children have learned in their class and to practice new concepts.
Taking from the positive side will help the students to find out the best answer in,“Is homework harmful or helpful research?