04 Jul Do You Know the Steps to Reach the Top in Assignments?
To even the most tenacious of students, completing assignments, more so in the comfort of one’s own home, becomes a really tedious task. Assignments are an integral section of our curriculum, not only because it is extremely handy tool in self-assessment, but also tests our real life application of the subjects along with gathering titbits of knowledge as we go on.
Assignments can be additional pressure
It is a bit of healthy pressure when such assignments are to be completed inside the school or college campuses itself. However, when idling under awning in the comfort of our own home we rarely feel the urge or pressure to gleefully complete these assignments in a whole hearted manner. The end result is a half-baked, disorganized consortium of information that would much more malign your final preparation, than benefit it. The key to acing the finals lies in the core management of one’s assignment efficiently.
Having said that, assignments can be overwhelming at times as well. With so much pressure of academics and other extra-curricular activities, it is only understandable if you find assignments to be an additional yet unwanted pressure. In such situations, it common for students to experience stress of some sort. If your child is experiencing stress due to academic pressure, try reading through ‘Know about the health troubles your child can face due to study pressure’.
Tips for completing perfect assignment
- The first step to ace assignments lies in staying up to date with the notes provided by the teacher in their lectures. This involves a quite hectic step of coercing an individual to drag his sleep-deprived self into most, if not each and every one, lectures provided through the course of curriculum.
But as we know, knowledge lies in every nook and corner of this vast world, and every note would add some value to topics in scope of our syllabus, collective of which will result in much more well-rehearsed assignments. It is also advisable staying up to date with the scope of syllabus as new breakthroughs are being made every other day, regarding subjects being studied.
- Pre-lecture cognitive reading of the subject at hand also helps a lot in understanding parts of lecture that go much more in depth, into the subject. If an altogether new topic is going to be introduced by the teacher, it is beneficial to look it up, whether in a book or on the internet, for further reference, beforehand, than stare blankly at the board in awe of the same. Understanding is the key essence of these mental exercises.
- The more learned we become about the topic beforehand, the more doubts will start forming in our subconscious, which is altogether a good thing. Coming to lectures without preparation of any kind would not halt our minds at points which are not fully comprehensible by us.
Instead we would amble through the apparent rambling by the lecturer, not paying attention, and going home, only to flip the pages and get stuck in a convoluted maze of riddles at every other page. Doubts formed at the time of the lecture would be cleared the session itself by the teacher, and would further our understanding in the topic. As stated before, Understanding is the basic principle upon which assignments are set.
- As important pre-lecture referencing is, importance of post-lecture review of the notes taken during the lecture can never be ignored. In this age of technology, reminders are the app that clutches together the strings of everyone’s everyday lives. However, keeping hold of all the information just by the sheer power of hearing is an altogether different issue- Not available in the app store. Reviewing the lecture notes, if possible, on the very same day, so that most of the concepts get engraved in the crevices of out brain. Continuous follow up of the same also helps greatly in the long-term, to improve your assignments.
- Reading through pages and pages of books, is a good exercise, if one is willing to learn more, but it is certainly not an advisable one in a high pressure situation, as it is not only tedious, but also extra unnecessary information can clog or complicate the important information already memorized. Thus it is always advisable to breakdown the important notes into concrete and concise points, sub headed into the topics mentioned into the syllabus. In a pressure situation, clarity is paramount, and designing notes in an organized manner, will always be helpful to the individual.
- A disorganized person will be pegged back quite a while, just trying to get all his important study material together on his or her study table. Hours and hours of rummaging may ensue to find the important notes and PowerPoint presentations key to completing an urgent assignment. Precious time may be lost while trying to set up the study area, the time in which other competitions may have already devised a probable concept. One needs to keep his desk and textbooks in an organized and in an efficient fashion, so as to easily find the material under every subhead, when needed, at hand.
- Once at home it is advisable to start compiling notes fairly quickly, because as one lets the heat from classes, cool down, laziness sets in, and desire to slump on bed, doing nothing, takes over. If motivating oneself to do the same seems too much of a problem, then he or she can opt to invest in online assignment help, through which a professional will help you in compiling your daily assignments and important notes. There are essentially writers with experience in writing many subjects, who can help you designate important points, and create a small, useful note on the topic itself. They can also help your understanding of the topic in the assignments in a much clearer manner, enhance your concepts and get you much better results at assignments.
Finally, human mind is an inquisitive one, and its daily fodder would be a healthy dose of information. Even better than human help, would be self-help, and to keep one’s mind charged up, it is always better to inquire into healthy discussions. Taking part in quizzes and joining a study group would fulfill the same. This would open our minds, to even higher concepts, as we interact with more intellectuals like us. This would help us understand our concepts clearer and quicker and would go a long way in helping us reach absolute pinnacle in assignments.