27 Jun Check Here Some Definitive Reasons Why We Shouldn’t Have Homework
Homework has been a part of the lives of students for so long that even the idea of not doing- it seems incredibly surreal and somewhat impossible. However, if you stop to think about it, you will realize that homework isn’t as necessary as it might seem. There are many reasons why we shouldn’t have homework at all. You might have trouble believing that but there are a few arguments that might convince you.
The conventional misconception of homework being good for students
People have a misconception that homework makes better students, although that is not at all true. The conventional belief is that homework is extremely beneficial for students and is an absolute must for each and every student.
We like to believe that all of it makes perfect sense because it is quite well tested. Besides, homework is being given to students all over the world. Why should we question something that has been going on for ages? It seems like an absurd thing to do but several aspects of this conventional belief are questionable.
Reasons why students shouldn’t have homework
Homework is a part of every student’s life. But is extremely necessary for it to be so? Although online homework help services are available to assist students with homework and assignments, wouldn’t it be better if homework weren’t given at all? Online assistance will get your homework done quickly so you have more time for other activities.
Without any further ado, here are a few reasons why we shouldn’t have homework:
- Children already have a hectic life with approximately seven hours of school every day. On top of that, they have extracurricular activities, supplementary classes and tutoring to attend. Such is the busy schedule of every student’s life.
- As such, any student can be under a lot of stress and homework doesn’t do anything to improve the situation. Children need time to relax and destress themselves. Otherwise, they might as well end up hating school and studying in general. If homework is not given to them, they get that extra time which they use in relaxing or even in other activities.
- Students should spend more time with their family. It is common nowadays to find a student who’s both parents work. With a hectic life of both the student and their parents, there is hardly any family time for the student. If the student is loaded with homework, they don’t get any time whatsoever to bond with their family.
- Even during the holiday, when they are supposed to be with their families, they get homework which needs to be completed over break. “Can teachers give homework over break? A Qualitative Analysis” throws some light on this matter. When you read through this information, you will realize how homework over break can be really bad for students.
- One of the major reasons why we shouldn’t have homework is that too many hours of studying aren’t too good. Excessive of anything is not good and it holds true even with studies. With schools and tuitions, students spend enough time with their books as it is. There is no need for them to study even more while doing homework.
- Even an adult won’t want to do something beyond an understandable limit. This is absolutely nothing when compared to a kid. Children are still growing and at such a crucial age, they need some time off from their studies.
- With no homework, students get some time to relax. This can be extremely beneficial for their health. Students who are too engaged with academic activities like homework, assignments, project works, etc. tend to develop poor health. This is because they don’t get enough rest and sleep.
- Students get more time to play and exercise if they don’t have homework. For any growing child, playing is extremely crucial. Not only do they develop a better physical health, but they also stay in a better frame of mind if they are given ample time to play. Homework sometimes becomes a barrier activity like this.
- School hours should be enough to learn anything. The main aim of giving homework is to make sure that students learn. But, to be completely honest, nearly seven hours of school should be more than sufficient for students to learn something.
- As such, what’s the point burdening student with homework for the sake of learning? Rather, instead of giving homework, teachers should focus on utilizing the school hours better so that student can learn.
- When it is about the reasons why we shouldn’t have homework, we should definitely consider whether homework is actually helpful for students or not. Mostly, students think of homework as something they have to do just for the sake of it. They find homework boring, so they hardly take any interest in it. As a result, even if they complete the homework, they hardly get benefits from it.