06 Jul 10 Ideas for Parents to Assist Their Children Who Stress over Home Assignments
Is your child scared of homework? You can rest assure that your child isn’t the only one. It is a problem faced by most children across this world. Homework is assigned with the intention to make students study at home so that they stay in touch with their studies and doesn’t fall behind. But it has been observed that instead of serving their purpose, homework is treated as a burden and a source of stress by students.
So instead of helping students, they end up hampering their studies even more. This is where parents should take charge and try to remove this fear of homework from the mind of their children.
Importance of homework
Homework is based on what is being taught presently. Doing homework dedicatedly will serve to help your child understand a subject better and will also help them stay prepared for their exam. Homework and assignment contain important questions which will only enrich your child’s knowledge. Plus, teachers mark students based on their quality of homework and assignments. Thus it is necessary to do homework and assignments in best possible manner to fetch good marks at the end of the year. But then why is it so unpopular among students?
This is because they are time-consuming and they curb into the free time of students which they could have spent playing games. Thus most students hate doing homework and neglect them till deadline knocks at the door.
By then the number of homework piled up reach threateningly high levels, and as a result, the student feels overburdened and stressed. If you do not wish for your children to suffer from similar problems, you need to ensure they do their homework on time and learn the art of time management.
How parents can help their children
If your children stress over his homework or assignment and you see that it is affecting them, it is the time you take action and eliminate the fear of homework from their mind. How can you do so?
Here are some ideas which you can implement:
- Make their work entertaining! Try and teach them the solutions graphically which they will find more interesting than learning from textbooks. Think out of the box and make their homework or assignment more interesting so that they do not treat them as a burden.
- Reward them with small things like chocolate when they finish their homework. In that way, they will feel motivated to do their work. Everyone likes to work for some reward; it provides the extra bit of motivation necessary to keep them going.
- Teach them the art of time management so that they are able to balance their leisure activities and studies together. Time management is very important to succeed in any field of life. Being a parent, it is your responsibility to inculcate the importance of time management in your children.
- Draw a schedule for your children and make sure they stick to it. This will ensure that they feel organized. When you have a lot of work left to be done, it is always best to get organized with proper planning and scheduling your work. Organization gives a feeling that things are under control and doesn’t let stress get the better of you.
- Allow your children to enjoy some time of their own. Let them play or pursue their hobbies and do not force them to study or do their homework against their will. This will create a negativity which will hamper their studies even more.
- Advise them to listen to motivational music while doing their homework or assignment. Motivational music can be very helpful. It helps to relax the mind and remove stress which provides a suitable environment to work. It also provides motivation and energizes the mind to toil harder.
- Make sure they always complete their work within deadline no matter what. Homework or assignment submitted after the deadline will fetch very poor marks. If they have a lot of work left, help them out as much as possible. Do whatever necessary but ensure that your children submit their work on time and that it doesn’t get piled up.
- Encourage your children to call up his or her friends and do assignments together. This will make assignment writing much more fun and interesting. But you need to keep watch to make sure that they are not wasting time unnecessarily.
- Encourage your children to seek help when necessary from their teachers or friends or Help them out by finding their answers from textbooks or the internet. This will save a lot of time, and they can finish their work quicker leaving them with a lot of free time to themselves.
- If you find your children struggling to cope with the pressure of studies and are unable to complete their homework or assignment on time. This is the time you seek professional help to aid your children. Online homework help services offer their services to school and college students and help them deal with their homework and assignment in return of money. Keep this as a last resort or else your children will take undue advantage of it.
How to find a good homework help service
A lot of online homework help agencies are available nowadays who can help your children with their homework or assignments. A simple online search will leave a lot of names at your disposal. It is very important to segregate the good ones. How to do so?
- Ensure that their services are authentic by reading user reviews and doing some background check on that homework help service.
- Compare the services rates of different homework help agencies and make sure that you are not overcharged.
- Check out the profile of employees in that homework help service and their educational qualifications.
Having a homework help service can be very handy, and it will help your children work more freely knowing they have someone to have their back if they feel overburdened.